Judging Process & Rules
EligibilityAny artiste born in Bulawayo and practicing his/her art anywhere in the world or any artiste born anywhere and practising his/her art in Bulawayo is eligible. The awards also covers Matabeleland South and North.
Call for applicationsA call for applications was made on the 8th of March 2019 for artists (individuals, stables or groups) to express their interest. Application forms will be made available at various access points as well as on our website. The application process will Close on the 1st of May 2019. The public, fans and audience members and a team of experts can also nominate.
Guidelines• Individuals involved in the organisation or sub-committees of the awards cannot be nominated for any award
• Individuals and groups may self-nominate or be nominated for an award.
• Only work by artists working in Bulawayo and feeder towns and Cities or artists born in Bulawayo and working elsewhere are eligible.
• Individuals and groups may be nominated in multiple award categories where appropriate.
• Separate applications are required for each nomination category.
• Individuals and groups can be nominated in a category that they have been awarded in.
General Judging CriteriaNominees and eventual winners for the Roil Byo Arts Awards will be selected on the basis of the following:
• Work must have been performed more than once or in the case of music released and played on radio and other public platforms.
• All works submitted must have been seen or consumed by the public.
• 25% of the vote in all awards will be voted for by the public
• Schools involved in the arts are only eligible in their own category and not in the main awards.
• Adjudication will be done by qualified and reputable judges, who include among others industry professionals, journalists and consumers.
• The judges’ decisions will be final.